Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Top Ten List...Continued

5.  Listening.  Not just listening but interpreting and deciphering too.  Ever try to have a conversation with a drunk Norwegian with a broken jaw?

4.  Parenting.  Long before becoming a parent, I feel like I've honed my skills at work.  Sometimes while dealing with children, but usually with adults.

3.  Staying dry.  The old adage on the job is that "a good cop never gets cold, wet or hungry."  There is truth there.  Without ever using an umbrella, most cops are masters at avoiding getting wet, no matter how hard it might be raining.  There are secrets...but I can't tell.

2.  Laughing.  Cops joke about everything.  It keeps us going.

1.  Eating quickly.  My wife tells me all the time how bad it is to eat fast, but I always do.  If speed eating were an Olympic Event, the team would be made up of cops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment