Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Message to the Newly-Elected

Like a good citizen, I voted yesterday. I say this not because I expect a congratulations. I realize that voting is something we all should do. At the very least I think it gives me the right to complain when the people I don't vote for do things I don't agree with. The problem is, I seem to disagree with the people I do vote for just as regularly. But anyway, I voted yesterday. And after having voted, I came into work today and, since I had recently voted, talked politics for 10 or fifteen minutes.
So anyway, here's all I want out of this election, Mr. Toomey, Mr. Corbett, Mr. Truitt, Mr. Meehan, Mr. Barrar, and everyone else:
1) Lower taxes
2) More Crime Control
That's all. I figure, I'll give you two years (or 4 or 6, depending on your position) after that, if my taxes are lower and so is crime, I'll vote for you again and ask you to move onto two new issues. But, if my taxes are higher and so is crime, I'll have to give someone else a try.
So good luck, I'm hoping you do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment