Thursday, December 9, 2010

More Parking Meters in Borough, Let the Boo-Hooing Begin

West Chester Borough Council, faced with an upcoming $1.5million shortfall, has decided to increase revenue by adding  about 150 parking meters to areas that were otherwise "free parking" areas.  I congratulate council for this action.  However, after reading the story and all of the readers' comments at DailyLocal.com I am definitely in the minority.  While I don't think increasing parking rates or adding meters is the only way to increase revenue, I do think its a good start.

Either way, I'm reminded of the opening scene from Cool Hand Luke.  While not a Paul Newman fan, (mumia abu Jamal supporter) the scene is apropos.  Do yourself a favor and watch the first two minutes of this video.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I'm with you on this one. I try not to read the Daily Local comments because of all the sarcasm and boo-hooing. Yeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, the borough streets can sometimes be as busy as Philly on any given Thurs, Fri, Sat, or special event nite... why not charge for parking like they do. But I coulda used those 11 quarters for a beer... waaah

    ReplyDelete